From celebrating some of the most innovative and fast-growing recruitment agencies in the UK, to commending individual success stories, TV impressionist Alistair McGowan played host to The Recruit Venture Group’s biggest awards ceremony yet.
Held in central London on Saturday (October 13) at the De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms, 15 awards were contested by nearly 50 independent recruitment businesses based up and down the country. Attended by more than 200 recruitment industry professionals, directors, consultants, managers, trainees and other staff, the awards continue to grow in size and stature as number of agencies competing for awards increases.
The awards are a celebration of the achievements of the agencies launched since 2011 with the help of The Recruit Venture Group, which funds and provides ongoing support to 49 independent recruitment businesses across the UK. Its tagline is ‘support, create, invest, grow’, in reference to the fact that its joint venture model breaks down barriers to enable talented recruitment professionals to launch their own businesses.
“The Recruit Venture Group Awards are an opportunity to reflect on some amazing achievements over the past year, not just by the prize winners, but by everybody,” said Paul Mizen. “Not only do we have more recruitment businesses competing for awards each year, the size of each of those businesses also continues to grow, making The Recruit Venture Group Awards more and more significant in the industry.
“Although competition on the night is fierce, there is also a real shared appreciation in the room of each other’s achievements, because everyone knows how much hard work goes into both launching a business, and then pushing that business into growth.”
The award winners were:
1) Office Support of the Year – Anna Thomas from Universal Personnel, Northampton
2) Recruitment Coordinator of the Year – Karina Jaworska from Roos Recruitment, Norwich
3) Recruitment Innovation – Mak Healthcare, Great Yarmouth
4) Trainee Consultant of the Year – George Venn from Jark Worcester
5) Consultant of the Year – Irena Sabinskaite from Jark Ipswich
6) Team of the Year – Got People & Jark Wakefield
7) Boss of the Year – Kelly Cartwright from Jark Norfolk, based Norwich.
8) Best Client Service – Roos Recruitment, Great Yarmouth
9) Best Candidate Care – Carestaff Bureau, based Hastings and Eastbourne
10) Best Recruitment Agency to Work for – Jark Hull
11) Best Newcomer – Vanta Staffing, Slough
12) Recruitment Agency of the Year (up to £3M sales) – Joint Award, Thorne & Wait, Bicester, Oxfordshire & Top Team Personnel, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire
13) Recruitment Agency of the Year (£3M to £6M sales) – Tomlin Personnel, Nottinghamshire
14) Recruitment Agency of the Year (£6M plus sales) – Jark Cambridge
15) The John Buckman Award – Mary Cox from Got People, Watford.
The Recruit Venture Group funds and supports independent recruitment start-ups across the UK in a joint venture model. It partners with recruitment professionals with at least a few years of experience in the sector and offers them all of the support needed to launch their own enterprise.