- Lorraine Laryea, Head of Legal Support, REC
- Marc Meryon | Partner and Head of Industrial Relations | Eversheds Sutherland @EShrlaw
In the latest episode of our COVID-19 podcast series, Neil Carberry is joined by two legal experts – REC’s Head of Legal Support Lorraine Laryea and Eversheds Sutherland’s Partner and Head of Industrial Relations Marc Meryon – who’ll decode the technicalities around the recently announced Job Retention Scheme and insolvency regime, while also answering the big questions raised by members via the REC legal helpline.
Bonus: The podcast will also cover some critical advice for business leaders on managing employee relations effectively during these challenging times.
Key discussion points:
- Introduction to the Job Retention Scheme, and how to use the scheme
- Advice on furloughing staff and key considerations around it
- Big questions being asked via the REC Legal Helpline including Statutory Sick Pay, doing checks for new temporary workers, Key Information Document and many more
- Advice for employers on managing employee relations effectively during a crisis
- A summary on the recently announced insolvency regime
“In a greater time of uncertainty, employers need to focus on maintaining their employees trust and confidence by showing leadership, and that means following government guidance and acting fairly reasonably and consistently” Marc Meryon